View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #84
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Picked up my M240i this week and trying to understand the issues, apps, features, of iDrive and more importantly, ConnectedDrive.

I have the Remote and ConnectedDrive Classic app installed. Remote seems to be working as expected except for the Maps. It does not allow any searches (not found issue mentioned elsewhere here) and certainly won't Send to Car (again, read all about it here and believe it is a Google issue according to canadian33). In a nutshell, while not perfect, its funtional. BTW, canadian33, why can't we unlock in Canada? Will that ever change??

As far as ConnectedDrive Classic, to me, that's a s*#t show. No instructions on how to use it anywhere I can find. What I gathered is this...

1) first thing I needed to do was to go to Information in the top right, then click Self-diagnosis while connected to the car via USB in order for it to "learn" my car and connect to it.
2) it does not seem to ever update unless I am connected via USB
3) When I touch BMW Apps, I see the following...Eco Pro Analyser, Web Radio, Last Mile, Wiki Local, Twitter, Calendar, and News.
4) There is another link, More Apps, however it seems to go searching but then comes back to tell me the App Store is currently not available. It does then have a button I can click on to change the App Store but that's useless I would think as my car should only be able to use the Canadian App Store, if we had one.

So, does everyone else have the exact same story with these apps?

Does anyone have additional apps under BMW Apps in ConnectedDrive Classic?

Can anyone connect to the App Store? I am, of course, assuming its talking about BMW App Store and not iOS App Store.

Is the ConnectedDrive app supposed to update over the air or only when connected to the car via USB?

Lastly, canadian 33, I don't mean to pester you and I know I and many others certainly appreciate the time you have taken to keep us all in the loop on these issues, but I am wondering if you think the release of the new app will still happen in August. Oh, and one last question for you (though you may not know the answer to this one)...last year they announced that Amazon Alexa would be coming to BMW this year. I assume that means an Alexa app and no special hardware needed. Do you have any knowledge on this and if so, when it might be released?

Thanks again canadian33 and everyone else.
Appreciate 0