Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Ill look into in. Never tracked a car in my life. Dont particularly like beating on my car but would be down for a couple rips.

No helmet either, wonder if they rent...
Take it to the strip for sure. Your car will be okay. Tracking/autoX is where you see the poor thing accrue 10K miles in 10 miles lol.

Most, if not all, tracks should rent out helmets. I think ours is like $20 here lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
Take it to the strip for sure. Your car will be okay. Tracking/autoX is where you see the poor thing accrue 10K miles in 10 miles lol.

Most, if not all, tracks should rent out helmets. I think ours is like $20 here lol.
+1. A couple hits on the drag strip will not hurt the car.

My track rents helmets for the day for $5 Island drag way in NJ is where I go if anyone's local
Thanks guys. Definitely will do it soon... as far as technique - Im clueless. Im guessing just putting the pedal to the metal is not the best plan for a good time. I dont have SAT or LC enabled - want to just havent had the time to venture outside of BimmerCode. I have a feeling it is possible in expert mode but havent been able to determine that definitively yet.
Appreciate 0