United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Entry #1 - 8/14/22

Hello from Raleigh, NC!

Picked up this 16' 340i from its second owner on 8/5/22 with 81,6xx miles. This will be my second time in an F30 chassis. Long time bmw enthusiast having owned over 15 bmws. Stoked to give the b58 a try.

Truthfully my goals with this car is not to go overboard like I have with previous builds I've done. I'd like to focus this car to be as fun as possible without having to sacrifice any of its comfort.

Within 2 days of purchase of the car, it's been flashed with an MHD stage 1 flash and an xHP stage 3 flash. So far the car is very engaging for a traditional automatic and is very fun to play with!!

Hoping to update this thread as more goodies for this car dribble in. Aside from the flashes, it's gotten a few carbon pieces, a rennline phone mount, V brace covers (sorry), BMS intake, and a few BimmerCode changes. My instagram is @tradeswelcome in case anyone wants to follow that as well. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Current modification list (updated 8/14/22)

Power Related
- MHD super license, stage 1 map
- xHP stage 3 flash
- BMS billet intake
- Active Autowerke axle back
- Resonator delete (2)

Exterior
- Carbon front fangs
- Carbon mirror caps
- Carbon M Performance style diffuser
- White V Brace covers

Interior
- Rennline phone mount

Entry #2 - 8/21/22

I was lucky enough to find a local 340i guy who was parting out his car. Was able to pick up his Active Autowerke axle back in exchange for my stock unit and a b58tu HPFP!

Was able to get the exhaust installed tonight (we traded full cat backs for ease of swap). Holy CRAP that thing is super long. Very surprised it did not break into sections like previous M cars I've owned. I think the only car I've owned that had a one piece exhaust like this was my 2015 S4. It looked super goofy in the bed of the Tundra but it worked just fine.

Initial impressions was that it was decently loud on cold start but not crazy... The mid pipe section has had both resonators removed so I was definitely expecting some noise. Went out and drove the car. I was shocked at how quiet it is. Maybe even a little disappointed. It has a lot of that typical b58 wooshing noise in boost.

Thankfully I'm sure most of that will clear up once the catless downpipe arrives. Not super worried about drone as I'm planning on re doing the mid pipe with a Vibrant resonator.

Over all the AA unit seems like a quality piece for not a lot of money in comparison to the competition and has a pretty good look to it aside from mine specifically being dirty.

We're in the middle of moving so I did not have time to clean the tips and muffler like I would've wanted too but the house won't pack itself. Cheers.
Attached Images