View Single Post
      07-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #1
ex0r21
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 428i Xdrive

[US->EU] Headlight problem, High beam instead of the low beam

Hello everyone,

I bought BMW 428i Xdrive in US and imported it to EU.
I replaced headlight switch panel and of course front headlights, adaptive bi-xenon (there was previously same headlights but US version, I changed it to European version).
Headlights were successfully coded and initialized using E-SYS + ISTA Rheingold, then I coded car to EU region.

Unfortunately, this car doesn't have exact European "Typschlüssel" because it has N26 engine, so I changed "4C93" to similar "4A71", then I copied modules:

- KOMBI
- HU_NBT
- FEM_BODY
- REM
- 2x TMS

I changed Typschlüssel back to 4C93, removed some US specific FA codes (5AP, 8S4, 853 etc) and added 'km odometer', my country language and then paste previously copied modules.

Of course, I didn't do it at one go, I kept the right order in loading and saving the coding.

Now, everything seems to be ok; radio frequency, rear fog lights etc., but I have a problem with the headlights high and low beam.
When I'm turning lights on, car automatically use high beam (blue high beam symbol is off)
If I push forward light change lever which should turn high beams, I have low beam (blue high beam symbol is on)

Car doesn't show any errors, ISTA also can't find any problems. Does anyone had a similar problem?
It can be fixed by changing something in TMS modules or it requires some wire changes?

Ps. At the end, I went through the TMS modules and it seems that everything has changed correctly to the EU region.
Appreciate 0