11-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #202
dotjonnL
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335iX M-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
I purchased the Dinan intake and stage 2 tune for MPPK. Not sure who defines 'stages', but I have an ER DP and the MPE exhaust from the MPE factory build, whereas Dinan's Stage 2 is stock DP and the Dinan exhaust, of course with the intake.

So, I'm not a purist when it comes to matching up the Dinan stage 2 tune with boltons, but I can say there are definitely no incompatibility issues from how the car performs with my setup.

The install of the intake was easy. The foam seal was fiddly but that's to be expected. No complaints.

The install of the stage 2 tuner was much easier that I anticipated. The harness and plugs are first class. 10/10. There is no need to worry about breaking the plugs. 'No bulls in the china shop' and it'll be fine. Watch the Dinan video, its perfect. Routing the harness towards the passenger side where the battery is located, is compact and out of the way. Again, nice harness. At the dealership, I would expect 1-1.5 hours for install when you factor in routing the harness and the fiddly windshield pieces.

After install, sound is irrelevant IMO. Whatever...

Performance of the car is a huge improvement over the MPPK. I have nothing to compare to except the N55 and MPPK. Not sure how much of a difference the DP is contributing but from other dyno'd cars, 12-15 HP is probably overstating it. IDK. Purists won't do the DP, but the rest of you will or have already done it.

Power for money - excellent, as I purchased the Dinan tuner second hand.

This is a no-hassle upgrade well worth the money. If I had purchased new, I would still feel it's a good upgrade, albeit an expensive one, but I would have only purchased new if I cared about the warranty, which I don't.

Im not clear if this is a stack on the MPPK (i.e., cumulative), but I imagine so as the tuner is specific to the MPPK. I am emailing to ask for clarification.

The tuner is temporarily disconnected and I've installed the JB4. In comparison to the Dinan install, lets just say it's not hassle-free, but I'm looking forward to experiencing all the wonderous performance increases the JB4 will supposedly provide.
Any CEL with the DP? Catted or Catless?
Appreciate 0