Garage List
  [0.00]
2014 f30 335i  [0.00]
2014 f30 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebedo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broker2009 View Post
Crev**r BMW just quoted me $1100 to change this clip. Then they dropped it to $700. I'd have someone else do it for $400 but if it's simple enough, I'll do it myself and buy extra beer for the weekend. The part was quoted at $20.35

I'll take pictures and post...

Anyone who has pointers besides what Crjetlife has to offer, I'm open to hear experiences.
I just did this on Saturday (340i), pretty straight forward process, remove heat shield, loosen and lower exhaust (be sure exhaust is supported well)

It's very tight spot, the retainer clip actually fit's in a notch in the fuel tank, and is fastened with a fixed under body screw. So the process of getting the clip in the notch of the fuel tank and over the fixed screw is a bit tricky!

I ended up loosening the right side fuel tank supports to get the new one in (two people will make this easier)

Also make sure you have 1/4 to 1/8 tank of fuel (mine was full!!) which I'm sure made it a bit more difficult.

Grease up rubber portion of new clip to help with install.

Drive/Propeller shaft doesn't need to be removed, but you will question that with how tight the space is to work with.

Do you still have the pics from when you changed the retaining clip? They don't show up anymore.