veloarc75
Croatia
Rep
Drives: 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoSK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by veloarc75 View Post
I would like to install 8.8" in my car, but my dealer told me not to do anything because BMW might void my warranty if i have any problem with electronics. So does anyone know if i can swap it back before service and re code it to 6.5" screen? Can they see something was coded before in some history, logs or something like that? I have my car for 9 months now so dont really want to lose my warranty...
Sure you can swap and code it back to the way it was. Logs could contain "display disconnected and reconnected" events if you don't disconnect the battery beforehand. If you want to be sure, you can read the logs via Ista/p software.

PS: It all depends on the dealer - you're using an original BMW screen in your car, even the car & head unit both support it, but BMW doesn't sell that specific config (no nav with large screen). Some dealers don't have a problem with that, others do. I heard that in the US, you should still have warranty coverage on all other parts that you haven't fiddled with.
Sadly im not in US and dealer told me BMW could void even if im using original part because that is not the spec my car came with... i can disconnect battery so maybe that wont show, but will it show that resolution was changed, and other things i have to code... that is my concern
Appreciate 0