jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr78569 View Post
Thanks for the input! did you take the car to the shop or mail in?Trying to gauge timing and how long i should expect to be out. Also did you notice a difference in the turbo lag, acceleration and mpg? any downsides so far?
We stopped by Andrews shop on the way to NY. Shipping downtime is just a matter of cost.

I did notice a little 1-2 shifting turbo oddity but that may have been the adaptations relearning as we drove as its no longer there. I have not had a dyno done but the 60-90 acceleration is definitely stronger. For mpg I can say that I didn't see a dip even though I was feeling out the tune with higher speeds. Take that how you will.

Just to wet your appetite I have seen a 48mpg photo of the ST3 tune. Can't speak to the circumstances of that tank of fuel however.
What do you mean by out of the tune? So overall it sounds like you like your tune. Which one did you choose 1 or 2? MPG increase would be great but as long as it's not a decrease I'll be good with it. I know these engines are capable of more and would like to unlock its potential with out the sacrifice of mpg or damages .
Appreciate 0