View Single Post
      08-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Colmsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

403m wheel warranty info

So I've managed to lightly scuff one of my 403m wheels. Although it isn't the end of the world my OCD is driving me nuts & I'm going to have to do something about it, although not sure what yet.

Being fairly new to BMW, it appears that there are a few known issues with these wheels & replacement from corrosion seems quite common, but is it??

Obviously we're all enthusiasts & I expect that we look after our cars alot better than Mr/Mrs Average, therefore I would expect that the alloy corrosion would be talked about a bit more. But does anyone know roughly how common an occurence this is??

I find myself wondering whether I can live with the damage in the hope (?!) that I may get some corrosion & the wheel get replaced under warranty. Thing is that the car is nearly two years old & absolutely no sign of any corrosion on any of the wheels. Law of sod methinks!

Also, were there two types of 403m wheels? Mine have a space behind the spokes whereas others i have seen the spokes are solid to a ridge behind (stupid explanation I know!!)

Interested in peoples thoughts....
Appreciate 0