View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Square like Diesel86

Diesel86...followed your lead. Yesterday took off the staggered 19s with my former M6 Style Reps.

Installed OE Style 351, takeoffs from a 535i. 19x8.5 et 33 and I put on 255-35-19 all around.

Really, really happy with the outcome. Wheels dont 100% grab me because they look too stock but the offset, ride and handling much improved.

I loved my 19 M6 Reps, fairly light and very aggressive looking. 235-35-19 on 19x8.5 et 35 fronts and 275-30-19 on 19x9.5 et 38 rears but being a base model with a softer suspension, there was just too much understeer, push in the front end. I made this claim before and someone said it might not be the staggered set up but something else.

After installing this squared set up, the understeer is gone completely, no push, now carves around corners without feeling like the front end is trying to hang in there. Offset is just about perfect, if I was picking, could add 3 to 5mm spacer to rears but better off not. Lowering the car wasnt an option. Wife is a car lover too but she already brushes curbs from time to time with wheels..dont need to pull a front bumper off too. She has the Audi and I just about cry every time I look at the wheels...

, ,
Appreciate 0