View Single Post
      07-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #11
pkancel
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

No jacking at all....the idea was to open conversations because even in the second year of this car, we are all still figuring out what works for the F30.

Thats a great looking Vossen. Sounds like the size and offset might be just about perfect.

Unfortunately I do have too much experience with Rim-Tire Packages, ask my wife, she'll tell you I have a wheel problem like she has a shoe and handbag problem

I used to shop exclusively online but here is what I did. I kept needed help locally and every time I went to a smaller shop, they f---d something up. The bigger/better shops were too expensive.

A friend of mine went to work for America's Tire/Discount Tire in another city and he told me, gets your best deal and then either call the local America's Tire Center and quote them, they will meet or beat the price or you can shop www.discounttiredirect.com. They will also meet or beat the price and ship them straight to you or straight to a local America's Tire place for install.

Dont worry about aftermarket TPMS, used them plenty on other cars. I didnt know there were any out there yet for the F30 but as long as the frequency is correct so the car recognizes them, then they will work fine. These F30s are a pretty simple system now. Not as intricate as others and not as sensitive unfortunately. Audi went to a similar system.

Hope that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtroopin' View Post
Haha, I didn't want jack your thread. But I'm looking at Vossen CV5's in Matte Graphite machined:

20x9 et35 all around, wrapped with 245/30/20 Continental ExtremeContact DWS All Season (I need to go with all seasons because I don't have the cash to be switching off tires, nor the room, and I live on top of a hill in snow country). I'm planning on going full stormtrooper and tinting out everything that's not white, so I think the Vossen's will set it off just right.

Do you have any experience ordering rim+tire packages? So far the best price I've found is http://www.getyourwheels.com/ ... they told me they can install a non-OEM TPMS (which I hope won't cause me grief).
Appreciate 0