View Single Post
      01-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
carmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i xdrive

BMS JB+ Review (320ix)

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to buy and install the JB+ for my 320. The car was running nicely before this mod but was a lot less fun. I own an x-drive with base everything including suspension. This may sound boring but it is a huge upgrade in terms of handling coming from a 4 cylinder accord! I also have power seats and the winter package for the cold Canadian winters.

The JB+ box has wires exposed on both ends. My OCD takes over whenever I open my hood and makes me want to put electrical tape to further protect them! It sort of just hangs in place once installed.

Installation was easy once I figured out how to get the OEM TMAP connector off. I also waited till the car went sleep (with hood open) before installing the tune.

After about a week of driving I notice quite a difference in acceleration in all modes. The car is as many others have said more awake. It did not feel like a turbo before this mod and you can feel the turbo kicking in a lot more now. I am not sure if this is because there is additional lag. In any case I am thoroughly enjoying my car much more than before.

One odd thing I notice after installing the JB+ is that there is a kind of carbon-like/engine smell emanating from the car when I do a few WOT runs and eventually park. Could this be because the car is running leaner/richer now? Is this because the JB+ controls less of the engine than the BMS stage 1?

I would love to hear from other JB+ owners. Everyone seems to have gone the DINAN route but I couldn't justify the extra money for being able to change the boost via my phone. I would never change it anyways.

Carmo
Appreciate 0