View Single Post
      12-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #62
kapkanimd
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

aloo6: thanks for the measurements!

I have some good news and some bad news (for me at least).

Good news: I found screws that work perfectly as I have yet to find a OEM match. They are 8x5/8 and I got them at Lowes (for US peeps), part number 884856 in packs of 7 (you will need three packs).

Bad news: I was so excited I got the screws, I decided to start the retrofit! Before I started removing the bumper I, thankfully, thought I would start with adding in the new wires to the wiring harness. So I just opened the access panel and worked from there. WELL... the larger wire (part # 12520143434) did fit and snapped it nicely. However, it isn't the right type of connector.. It would work if it had do and be fine, but I would rather have it perfect. THEN.. I went to try out the smaller wire #7... WAY to big (part # 12520143427). Here is a pic of what the skinny one is supposed to be (#12) next to the one I bought:

I am going to have to buy some more to try out to figure out which are the right ones... I do have a better idea now what they look like so it shouldn't be as hard. I guess this gives me time to wait for the rest of the autoleveling parts so I can do it all at once...

aloo6: have you found wires already? not sure what you were planning as far as that, I know you mentioned actually building a whole new harness..

To show promise though, here is a picture of the two completed headlights!!

Appreciate 0