shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Read in all of the CAFD FDL sets by right clicking on each green-checked CAFD and select "Read Coding Data".

Then go to explorer and navigate to the CAFD directory (mine is C:\ESysData\CAF) and copy the .ncd files somewhere safe. The .ncd (net coding data) are the value sets for each CAFD.

If you have to revert them, you can use those to restore the settings to the factory defaults.

I've also heard that you can restore to factory vales by selecting the "Code" option when the CAFD is active. I have not tried it myself. I think Shawn is the expert on this.
Yes, if you right-click on an ECU itself (NOT the underlying CAFD in the subfolder) and select CODE, you will reset the ECU to its as delivered condition, so long as you have the original factory FA (VO) active when doing so.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0