View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
spicyalgebra
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 435i M sport

Dinan or Wagner Intercooler

Hey so I've been doing some research and reading a ton of threads about intercoolers. However, I wanted to see what you guys would do in my situation.

I'm currently running a stage 1 tune and I plan on putting in a CL DP and FMIC so I can bump it up to stage 2. I daily my car and I may do some autocross in the future. (I don't plan on upgrading my turbo or run methanol)

I was originally set on getting a Wagner EVO competition II intercooler based on all the reviews but I recently got a really good deal on a Dinan intercooler which I couldn't pass up. However, I'm hesitant about installing it since larger intercoolers typically cause increased turbo lag. On the other hand, Dinan reports "Charge Air Pressure drop: 0.80 PSI (25% improvement over stock)". At the same time, the Wagner unit is much lighter and easier to install than the dinan since it does not require me to remove my bumper or do any cutting.

I was wondering if anyone running the Dinan intercooler has noticed any increased turbo lag?

Are there been any comparisons between the Dinan vs Wagner Competition intercoolers?

Basically, if you were in my situation would you keep the Dinan intercooler or sell it and get a Wagner Comp instead?

Thanks
Appreciate 0