View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 07:56 PM   #9
S5N
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortythirtyfive View Post
I got both of mine through a parts store of a dealership, they kind of help out the community with really good prices too. That way I get good shipping and a 2 year manufacture warranty.

The install for me was plug and play, purely because I did the conversion a little while ago.

What I did in essence was create one of these out of parts:

The plugs from BMW though added up to around £50, so by the time you've been to an electrical store for some wire and varied size crimp connector pins you'll have spent around £60/65.. so you may as well buy the premade kits on eBay that retail for about £60 (basically whats on that photo).

All you have to do is plug this into your final set of wires before your inner tail lights, almost like daisy chaining them, and then you plug your inner tail light connectors into that adapter. All whats left then is to run the extra white cable into your harness in the boot (near the battery) - super simple, you just have to take your time and read up on the instructions a few times before hand so that it doesn't seem as daunting
Don't suppose you could let me know if what the part store is called mate? I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of blackline lights on eBay for £779.. just curious if I can get them cheaper from a dealer??
Appreciate 0