View Single Post
      06-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #24
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Today an idiot that was kind of in a rush punched the gas in his X1. Needless to say the 4 cylinder engine note is terrible it sounded like a Dodge Caliber. I've owned Audi/Vw 1.8T/2.0T and they were pretty underwhelming...it's not that bad in the GTI due to it's noise pipe and lighter weight. BTW Bmw will have no problem selling that car to yuppies or badge whores. Just yesterday I was remembering how smooth my 135 engine was(I'm not a F/I guy) but geeez what is Bmw thinking. They should offer that 4 banger in the 323I, offer the N/A in the 328 and F/I 335. But like an other guy mentionned earlier it wouldn't surprise me if Bmw change the engine line up by next year. Personally I don't want a 4 cylinder Bmw nor other heavy cars(like my old a4 was).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0