View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I love how so many like to dog the USA. I suspect you're just making a point and I respect that, but lets look at contributions to technology/manufacturing from major nations.

I've been to the Spartanburg plant. Its very well run and many of the workers live and breathe BMW. You see beaters in the parking lot with BMW paraphernalia on them. If you want an X3/5/6 for the entire world it comes off those lines. Says a lot when BMW has confidence to supply X3/5/6 for the entire world from that plant. Plus its the ONLY plant in the BMW system that allows owners to watch the assembly of their vehicle.
My point wasn't so much about the quality of the team at the USA plant - I have no idea what that is like to be honest, I was trying to balance the anti SA sentiment and that more of an issue is the design and engineering of the car. I personally reckon the X1 and X3 don't deserve to carry the BMW badge, no matter where they are assembled.
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0