Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
Here's some more info from Dinan about the Elite V2

Hey Gregory,

The way you can look at this, is as follows:

The 340 with the MPPSK package on it is the same as a M240. We list power figures as this for the two:
340i: 396 @ 6500 RPM; M240: 418 @ 6500 RPM HP
340i: 379 @ 4500 RPM; M240: 434 @ 3000 RPM TQ

As you can see the M240 with the same motor makes more HP and TQ because of the tune BMW has on the car from the factory. You can expect your car with the MPPSK to make roughly the same as a M240i. Yes the power delivery is less than what the V1 offered, but the price reflects the drop in power, and from people testing the two different versions they didn't notice the loss in power.

While we are working on flash tuning, there is no plan release date to share currently.

Thanks,

Grant Efland
Account Manager
1800-341-5480 x2136

ey Gregory,

While you can turn off the Elite, it is done through a physical bypass plug.

There is no app for the Elite.

Fuel economy is generally the same as long as you are not in boost. The more boost you are in the more fuel you use the worse your fuel economy gets. At standard highway speeds you should see no difference as you sit in vacuum.

As far as I know BMW clutches are pretty good for power and don't really have an issue holding more power, however I haven't done much looking on the forums for how much TQ they can hold.

Thanks,

Grant Efland
Account Manager
1800-341-5480 x2136

Grant.Efland@dinancars.com
So if Stage 2 is going to be a flash tune does that mean we have to try to sell these piggybacks? If so I wish they would have just did it right the first time and took the time to do a flash from the beginning. That probably would have took to long though because at that time no one could crack the DME.

I wonder what price they will be at and with us that have the Stage 1 we should still get that price credited toward Stage 2 and pay the difference.

Maybe Stage 2 or V2 whatever they’re calling it now will be cheaper and they can actually pay us to install it because we have the more expensive model.
Appreciate 0