Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by endursa View Post
It could be that the system is odex (meaning the resources are precompiled at first boot after flash) this leads to not being able to replace system apks without deodexing the whole rom. But my android moding days where mainly with android prior to android 9, so no idea who this would work with android 9.
If i got time i will look into this after work, first i need to setup my environmeht to unpack the rom images, cause as i saw in a quick check they are now packed in an ext4 file format
So if I understand this correctly, best way to approach this would be unpack the update, deodex all, mod an app, zipalign, sign, reodex everything, repack update and install as you normally would?

What is confusing me a lot is the fact when you unpack update file, go to system/app and check a random app, there will be an apk file and a folder containing odex and vdex files. odex is precompiled file that replaces classes.dex for quicker boot etc. right? So why these folders contain both odex files and classes.dex files in app packages?

And why the app I'm most interested in modding doesn't contain any odex and vdex files in its folder?

Apologies for my ignorance and perhaps stupid questions, but I'm trying to learn something here.
Appreciate 0