View Single Post
      05-09-2021, 01:06 AM   #53
bimmerace
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

The saga continues, terrible experiences from pretty much everyone that's worked on this car, I pay up no questions asked, and they just continue to screw me over.

The engine was replaced and it's full of problems, shop says it was Ghassan's fault, as it wouldn't start, shop fixes the problem, etc, makes it run I pick it up, runs smooth, but next day problems start showing up, and the shop won't do anything. I'm getting no boost, limp mode, engine sounds very unhappy making all kinds of noises, tuner says there may be a vacuum leak which seems like it as there's a vacuum line change from the shop and there's mixed comments online about it. The oil temp won't show any temp when it's warm for sure, as the fan runs at full speed, which I'm sure the shop messed up the fan cause it sounds extremely loud and vibrates like crazy when it's running. It also shifts on it's own while in manual mode. AC and heater don't work even though I had him install a brand new water pump and thermostat. It also makes a clicking noise when turning at low speeds. Haven't even had a chance to start pushing for power, it's never gone higher than 16psi when it had boost. Shop also installed a Dorch Stage 2 with the new engine, which may also be at fault as I get several codes for it and it's probably running rich as it sometimes smell like gas.

I don't even know where to start to fix the problems myself, even though I don't have a place to work on the car. Ghassan won't get in touch with the shop to have my core sent back to which I already paid for shipping, and would hopefully get my core deposit back, based on my luck, I highly doubt I'll get that money back, cause he'll probably come up with some excuse.

I've been taking lots of logs and screenshots of the codes just in case, but let me know what you guys think I should do, I really need my car as it's my daily and I have a long commute
Appreciate 0