View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 05:48 PM   #1006
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post
I recently purchased a 2017 440ix w/ M Sport and Aero packages and seriously considering the expense of adding the MPPSK for a little more pep and some exhaust noise...to a point. Over the past couple of days I have read every message in this thread to educate myself on MPPSK. I am left with the concern that custom mode is too loud over stock and the burbles and gunshots being too loud and/or obnoxious in sport and sport plus. I like the capability of turning off the extra sound and shifting into custom "wife" mode and don't really want to hear much more noise over stock in custom mode when doing long distance highway driving and listening to my HK sound system.

I have read comments here from both camps...love the loud sound - give me more or its too loud in all modes and passengers hate sport mode and the drone. I can deal with the loud sound in sport and sport plus, but I don't want to forfeit my quiet time either in custom mode when selected. So, to those MPPKS owners, am I being overly sensitive to this or is the noise level acceptable. In other words are there any MPPSK owners, in retrospect, who honestly regret having the MPPSK system installed?
It isn't that loud even in sport mode that you can't hear the audio system. I wouldn't worry about it, it is just loud enough or could be a little louder and still be fine. Pops and bangs are awesome.
Appreciate 0