Thread: 335 GT Parts
View Single Post
      01-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
kooch51
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi GT M Sport

335 GT Parts

I've been away from this forum for a few months, enjoying my 335 GT M, so forgive me if someone has brought up this issue.

In the first week of October, while on a road trip for a wedding, someone rear-ended me when traffic came to an abrupt stop on the expressway. It caused around $5k in damages, that German plastic is expensive. I took it to the dealer I bought it from for repairs, they had it for 42 days. Even though the car has been available in the U.S. for a year and a few months, parts are still hard to get. At that point I just told them I wanted my car back, I was sick of driving various rentals, after I felt bad for having my friends Lexus for 2 weeks.

Now over 90 days after my accident, I have a car that has a messed up exhaust system and is still missing a proximity sensor. His car went under the back of mine an compressed the exhaust in several places basically pushed everything forward, and in doing so the left pipe has no exhaust exiting it. The biggest thing that pisses me off is driving a 10 month old car with rattling exhaust and not being able to use convenience entry features because of the missing sensor.

Just wondered if anyone else had be in an accident and had any issues with parts. Supposedly BMW has a release date of the 2nd week of February for the remaining exhaust part I need. It seems crazy that it would take them a year and a half to release replacement parts.
Appreciate 0