View Single Post
      10-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
JRocker3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Jrocker3's Mineral Grey 340i

So I placed an order at the end of June for a 2018 340i, and I picked up the car last week at the Performance Center in SC. The wait was worth it. The experience was great from start to stop at the Performance Center, and I couldn't be more happy with the car.

My build includes:

Mineral Grey Metallic paint, Black Dakota Leather w/ Oyster highlight, Aluminum Dark Carbon trim, M-Sport Package, Track Handling Package, Adaptive M Suspension, 6MT, 704M wheels, heated front seats and PDC.

After taking delivery I drove pretty casually the past two weeks until I hit 1,200 miles. I just did a small break in service yesterday, consisting of an oil and filter change. I also installed Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires; BMW Black Kidney Grilles; M-Performance Alcantera & Carbon shift knob/boot, e-brake handle/boot and armrest. I also put all weather mats in the front.

So after the M-performance parts, tires and oil change, I was finally able to open it up last night a little bit... wow... this car is awesome. (I knew it was awesome prior to doing the beak in service, but I had been limiting myself to 4,500RPM... )

I am coming from an E90 335xi (AT) which I love (is now my wife's car) but the 340i is refined in so many ways. My biggest gripe is the steering in the F30... even in Sport+ it's just not the same as the E90... but I absolutely love everything else.

Anyway, that's my short intro on the new car, I am looking forward to many miles of fun. My future plans include an exhaust suite... debating MPPSK or AWE... time will tell.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images