View Single Post
      05-31-2012, 09:43 PM   #56
liljestig
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G08 iX3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by remydlc View Post
I disagree with you there... when i had my e92 335i, i took a trip to NY from FL, and oh man, I wanted to keep going up straight to Canada... that's how i felt. I loved driving that car. and mind you, it was snowing up north :P. However, The passenger in the back wasnt that confortable, afterall, it was a 2 door and long trip for him.

I ordered an F30 335i, and i hope i get the same feedback i used to get from the e92. Reading up this thread, made me feel like I will be a bit disappointed

edit: and i would also love to drive my car to Orlando, that is 230miles up north.
Actually I totally agree with you. BMW is the best driving machine, and more entertaining to drive than any other car that I have owned. I love driving, and find the BMW a perfect car going for a long vacation trip anytime.

What I'm saying is only that if I had to make that same trip over and over again (using NY to FL as an example), let's say weekly for two years (and flying is not an option), the game in my own experience quickly changes. After a year I would not feel the same euphoria driving it anymore. It is just too much poking for my attention all of the time saying: "DRIVE ME! FASTER, HARDER!". This is of course fun and all, but can also become taxing if too much too often. Especially when also trying to make a living on-top of having this much fun driving. See?

But since moving where I am now, I don't have to make these extremely long journeys anymore so frequently. Which is also why I decided to still go for the better "driving machine" (BMW) again, rather than for the undoubtedly better "transportation vehicle" (MB). This way I can continue to enjoy driving, rather than just transport me (and family) between places.

Anyone else has a similar experience having driven both BMW and MB? And how do you find your new F30 BMW 3 Series in this aspect?
Appreciate 0