View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 04:06 PM   #15
nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So if you buy this service, all the dealership will do is change the oil per the schedule set by BMW's Condition Based Service system. I do not know what the average oil change interval is for the 2019 model year cars, but BMW tends to have very long oil change intervals between 10,000 and 20,000 miles (my 2006 E90 routinely had 17,000 OCI), or if you do not drive it a lot, then the OCI (oil change interval) is every 12-months. So based on what you say that the car will be "garaged mostly", then if the service is $700, your break even is 7 years. Are you going to keep the car that long? Also consider these issues:

-The service is probably not transferable, so there is no resale value to you.

-The service is probably only for your car (VIN) so if your car is totaled in 2 years, you've lost $500.

-If you go on a long trip that will go past in mileage the next oil change needs to be completed, I doubt the dealership will change the oil early. For example if your car is due for an oil service in 2,000 miles and you are taking a 3-week driving trip that will go 6,000 miles, you'll be on the road somewhere when you need the oil changed, so you'll have to pay out of pocket.

Just pay as you go like everyone else does.
Keeping the car for 7 years, I don't really mind if I'm detailing my car and not much extreme changes on newer bmw that come out. Generation 4 might even look worse . Who knows. I might not even really care too much about cars and get more practical and keep it for 10 years and pays off. But since there is no certainty I should try to get the lifetime oil off.. I got the car in July 3rd so it has even been a week. Just leaving voicemessage not sure when I'll get response.
Appreciate 0