View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 04:14 AM   #1411
dodgePT
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitoncho View Post
Amazing... Thank you soo much for this guide, i dont have studies of programing and soldering, but i see this can be only with a cic controller?
In my case, i will prefer to do it with a ccc controler (with one button), because my car is a 1 series e87, and i have yet the controller installed on my center console, but it is not connected with anything of the android radio; soo thats the reason because i want to make it working with this controller.. I only know that when i try to wire the 4 pins of the ccc to the android radio, i use the quadlock of the radio profesional with the pins (15,12,9, and 11), and the light of the ccc knob light up when i activate my lights, soo its mean that it is connected, but it doesnt make any answer in the android radio.. thatīs actually my problem... Could be a software program of the android radio that can be ''easily solved''?

Before buying an cic knob an arduino piece, i want to solved this if i can, because if i do this, i need to pay a lot of money in pieces, because i need to adapt this to my central console and in spain the pieces of this is really hard and very expensive..

Thank you soo much for the answer, i really apreciate it!
Mine is a NBT controller, not CCC.
And it's not that expensive, I spent around 70€.

Anyway, mine only worked when it received an init message and then it has to be polled in a loop. This is done by the Particle Photon.
It's not as simple as just connecting it and expect it to work.

The init message to activate mine was:

Code:
    initMessage.id = 0x273;
    initMessage.len = 8;
    initMessage.data[0] = 0x1d;
    initMessage.data[1] = 0xe1;
    initMessage.data[2] = 0x0;
    initMessage.data[3] = 0xF0;
    initMessage.data[4] = 0xFF;
    initMessage.data[5] = 0x7F;
    initMessage.data[6] = 0xDE;
    initMessage.data[7] = 0x4;
The poll message:

Code:
    pollMessage.id = 0x501;
    pollMessage.len = 8;
    pollMessage.data[0] = 0x1;
    pollMessage.data[1] = 0x0;
    pollMessage.data[2] = 0x0;
    pollMessage.data[3] = 0x0;
    pollMessage.data[4] = 0x0;
    pollMessage.data[5] = 0x0;
    pollMessage.data[6] = 0x0;
    pollMessage.data[7] = 0x0;
Yours will be different, that's why the part number is important.
This would have been much more difficult if it wasn't for this guy Jumpmaster:

https://community.particle.io/t/phot...r-canbus/47643

I contacted him and he even gave me tips

I wouldn't even need the android app because the Photon can emulate an HID usb device, meaning it could work as a keyboard. But then I'd lose all the costumization on the android side.

As I said, this is not easy. But it became kind of a personal project and it was really satisfactory when I finally achieved it!
Appreciate 0