06-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #799
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifbmw View Post
Hello All,

I was postponing my decision to buy the f30 till I see the new MB C class.

I went to their test drive and here is my feefback if it will help others.

Interior:
Frankly the c class interiors quality is by far better than the f30 , this on both fronts, material quality and design.

Exterior:
Its generally based on taste and opinions are subjective to this, from my point of view the c class looks more stunning than the f30, its lines and specially the back looks amazing.

Space

The f30 is noticeably spacious than the c class specially for the back seats.
Trunk is by numbers the same for both (480) both, but the f30 trunk looks larger.

Power-train
I drove both the 316 and 320, even the 316 with the 136 HP is better than the MB c180 ( which is the only variant that will be in Egypt as they stopped assembly of the larger engines in Egypt) which is 156 HP but the 316 feels snappier and smoother.

Suspension:

Felt that both f30 and the c class are the same in terms of comfort, but for handling i cant judge because i reached only 100 km/h with the c class so cant judge the body role.

Brakes:
C class is superior than the f30 in this front.

Options:

The price here must be considered, so the last category in the c class is for 470 k which is nonsense for a c 180, and my other choice is 320 f30.

The command system introduced in Egypt is not command online, its the lower command 20, no navigation, no ipod control, no dvd player i guess, smaller screen, . Compared to the new NBT is the 320 there is no comparison

The car is equipped with LED headlights, with lens for the low beam and without lens for the high beam, which turns like if you installed xenon in demeshq street for a Lanos or verna.

The gear stick behind the steering wheels felt odd and not as athletic as the f30 stick.

Instrument cluster screen in the c class looks nice however not compared to the functionality of the extended cluster in the f30.

Finally my decision was the Lovely F30 320 as it have more powerful engine, better ZF gearbox rather than the MB 7G tronic, lower price and thus higher value for money (470 k v 438 K), more spacious, and assuming better handling than the c class as as usual Egypt didnt introduce the airmatic suspension in the C class.

So if you are comparing or you already own an f30, from my point of view the f30 is a winner here.

Will join the club soon ISA amd post photos once the car is delivered.
Hey man we haven't heard from you in a while,

Well they always have a budget for producing a model, so the interior might be high quality but I doubt the suspension or isolation quality (316i in this case)

Exterior, it's a matter of opinion. I am in Germany & saw the new S, honestly not a fan of new design language of Merc.
BMW represents my personal taste in everything, design, shape, size, colors ect.

suspension: i really want to know if the C has the jump when you hit a road bump on higher speeds. but it's treatable anyway

Brakes: you can only talk about the 316i lol or else the C180 would have stronger brakes than 335i that has the 4 pistons
& for this matter with all the modifications I have which is 40+ hp
I only upgraded the brake pad which I have single piston setup
and that's what make BMW brakes feel that way.. only the pads are just low quality which I think they are not original because I saw 328i here & what a difference in quality of pads !!

power-train: BMW is always known for driving dynamics, better response & the car is much more alive, especially in the 3 series segment will always be the best.

Merc. command system is ages behind BMW's idrive. no comment

That's what I hate about the new E & C seen the LED on E in Egypt and Germany, believe me they have done this in Egypt, they played with lightning which I don't like such a cheap trick

Eventually I am glad you sorted out your opinion whether it's C or F30 but if you choosen the C, you won't have any rights here JK

Cheers man
Appreciate 0