View Single Post
      08-23-2016, 03:50 PM   #26
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchm3ifyoucann View Post
Never stated I was going to do it at 165. I still have a long way to go both bulking and training wise. Just looking for any additional insight from everyone on here on training routines that have worked for them or any advice that would help.

This guy below is amazing.

It can happen at your weight but will depend on your technique and genetics. Years ago I would work out with this guy who was 160 and fairly thin..about 5"9. He would do reps as in 3 or 4 with 315. He did arch his back, but still..could never figure out how he did it. Course I had him beat in every other exercise.
Your goal should not to go out and eat like crazy and bulk up the bad way just to move big weight once. Look at power lifters--most of them look like fat slobs, but they move big weight. It depends on what you want: to look good and be strong, to be good for a sport or just be really strong. For me it is all about looking good, being strong and keeping athletic.