View Single Post
      10-22-2018, 06:36 AM   #4
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbreding View Post
I will say the trans fluid is recommended by ZF for 60k intervals. Bmw says lifetime. You are at 100k already. Personally your a minimum of 40k overdue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
I was on the website and they do recommend 8 years at the latest but also state that under normal conditions the oil should last the normal service life of the vehicle so that may be why bmw says lifetime. Depending on how you drive this may not be the case however. The oil change process has specific steps so you have to do it correctly to prevent damage to the transmission. I would try to take it to a zf service center if you can find one near you but you can also purchase their oil change kit and diy being careful to follow the steps exactly. The oil has to be at the right temp and you're supposed to run it through certain gears under no or light load at certain rpms to fill the torque converter and other parts. Over and under filling can lead to problems.
BMW Bentley service and repair manual says to change auto transmission fluid at 100k. It says to drain and fill. Is there a reason why most of the kits come with a pan to replace?
Appreciate 0