Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubok View Post
What's the eta on the apple iOS app?

Do you still need an android device if you use a laptop as the hardware agent?
No lap top needed if you purchase the agent device.
It sounds like I would still need to get an Android tablet or phone to run with the BM3 agent device?

So my options are either:

1) I wait (for how long?) for iOS App and get A BM3 agent device,
2) Get an android device and the BM3 agent device,
3) run BM3 software on my laptop to load initial OTS tunes... Is this possible??
#3 yes that's your least expensive option barring you have a lap top.
So just to be totally clear, you do NOT need an android device with the BM3 app to load tunes from a laptop?
You definitely need an android device. You load the tune through it, the agent software is run through your laptop.

Edit:: I bought a galaxy tab A at Best Buy for 99 dollars and use that currently until the iOS version comes out. Black Friday specials
Well he didn't ask about the tune but to run it all you need is a Lap top. But to watch the gauges and dash and all the other necessary stuff yes a $50 phone and a hotspot and you're in business.
What I've been told is you actually need the android device to load tunes, regardless of the agent (laptop or bm3 device).

Anyway I also went and got a Galaxy Tab A, and ordering the agent.

I take it the BM3 device will be compatible with the iOS app once it is released?
Just do what most of us did honestly go spend $80 bucks on a galaxie express 3 make sure it has android 6.0.1 version or better. To run the agent you need a minimum of 4.0.1 version. Spend $45 on a refil unlimited data and you're set.

You don't have anything to lose especially if you're on an old grandfather plan w ATT and can't tether. So I'll just tether off the android and call it a day when iOS comes out.

Here's the dashboard on the android.
Attached Images