07-24-2019, 12:04 AM   #2035
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculeus View Post
Yeah agreed. I did find a company though that takes your stock headlights and coverts them. Only reason I might consider this is because they are roughly 1.5 hours away from me in Miami. They are called OssDesigns.

I’m curious though, is it as easy as putting xenon Bmw OEm into our f30 replacing the halogen headlights without any modification? Are they plug and play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
There are plenty of sellers of OEM light units on eBay. I've also found them used on CarPart for decent prices. I'm that guy that is willing to spend the cash for OEM for this car. Especially when you can't get a new touring in the US anymore.
I believe there are some wiring loom changes that are required for the xenon or LEDs to function as well as coding that needs to be addressed. I'm not sure though. It seems that the heat sync wiring and/or leveling motor wiring would need to be addressed as the halogen housings don't require those elements.
Appreciate 0