View Single Post
      04-07-2023, 02:12 AM   #77
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i touring - incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post
2/3 of the old house is now a hole in the ground!! Original plan was to retain some walls, but it turns out the more the builders dug the more obvious it was how C**P the old house was interms of build. Part of the old corridor didn't even have a foundation!! No wonder we had damp issues in the corridor.

Also spent the afternoon with the windows people, looks like we are going to need alumium smart walls to realise the architecture drawings of the front gable. Essentially our 'domestic ' build is quickly turning into a mini commercial build project.

Concrete is going in next week for the new foundations, with building control coming out. Steels chaps will be round soon to take final measurements before steels are fabricated and goes up........I've stopped asking about cost

This is exactly why im not interested in getting major building work done, you just know once it starts they are going to find all kinds of hidden issues and costs and length of the project just spiral. "I'm sure it will be worth it in the end"...
Appreciate 0