Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
I only skimmed over the literature but did it also say that locking the DME would also take 40+ minutes?

For peace of mind I would be locking it whenever the car goes in for a service or for any kind of warranty work.

Pain in the ass but I guess for me much more preferable than removing a piggyback every time the car goes in.
You don't have to lock your ECU going for the service and then unlock it again - there is no chance dealer will see your ECU was modified when the ECU is unlocked (you will increase flashing counter when you lock it back)
Simple flash back to stock 1 min 30 sec is complete solution. You may even go with your tuning (OTS map) flashed since the CVN number is the same but leaving the display calibration different then stock or cold start delete will be suspicious.
So again: when going for service just hit button "Flash stock" short flashing 1 min 30 sec - done! Then flash OTS map back - same short flash.
Does this imply that the flash counter does NOT increment with a stage flash? Only with a lock/unlock of the ECU?
Appreciate 0