View Single Post
      11-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #90
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
I don't need to buy anything cheaper as long as I keep a control of my bills. That was my point. Quite a few times over the last few weeks you've commented on £30 here, £50 there, service costs etc etc and not worrying. I control the bills I can control so I can have a nice car, a nice house and good holidays. Not controlling all those other bills means we'd have to miss out on something.

Plus, in my life and in my job it just seems to make sense to control costs if you can. It's not hardship to do it. In fact if I'm negotiating something down I enjoy the process. I understand that others don't.
Nope, hate haggling, in fact I dont do it. Tell them what I am happy with and walk if they dont do it. Dont care about £10 here or £20 there if it gets in the way of doing what I want to do - life is bloody short and I would rather not waste time and just do what I can.

We all have to control costs - I guess its how much time and effort you want to put in to that. When the kids were little, we just didnt have stuff, as I spent the money on them and doing what we could for them with one income. Now I am a bit more fortunate and I am not going to get excited about saving a couple of quid if it takes up time and my attention when I could be spending it with my kids, grandson - or prepping for the one on the way in the next couple of weeks.

We all have different priorities, that's cool. I know lots of people who think I am a tight fisted git as I wont buy costa or starbucks or similar as a waste of money - and I walk across London and save the £5 a day.... as well as walking to the station despite having 2 cars to save £8.50 parking!

You can make your choices, but I dont have to agree....
Appreciate 0