Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
I recently read about turbos and stop/start so I've now disabled stop/start on my car. Read that the car is supposed to know but I came off the motorway after doing 75mph for around 20 miles to a stop and the stop/start feature cut the engine straight way which I thought it wouldn't/shouldn't do?
If you're just cruising the rpm in 7th or 8 isn't that high and the forward momentum keeps things cool. Once you exit the motorway the car uses the cooling system unless the engine is shut off. However the turbo has a separate electric water pump which can cool with the engine off and fan running. If you're frequently stopping and going it may temporarily disable auto start stop to reduce wear. I keep it off most of the time unless I'm in a drive through. But if I switch it on while idling it is disabled until I move a few feet and press the throttle and then stop.
The 330e doesnt give you the option to turn engine auto start/stop off.

What i usually do is to swith the transmission to S (sport) and that cancels the auto start/stop. But i've been wondering the same thing as the OP.
Appreciate 1