View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #216
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
No codes, not that I can see. I'll do another scan later on today and see if there's a ghost code.

Getting a new MAF sensor a good first step to diagnosing this?
Step 0 is scan for codes.

Step 1 is to remove the intake and put the stock one back on.

You can also try unplugging the MAF, but i would try the above first personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
And it's normal for the car to start up normally once it's warm? Because that's what I'm dealing with.

On an actual cold start, it's rough/hard to stay idling. But once it's warmed up and driving, no issues.

Do I unplug the MAF from the intake before starting the car or while it's running?
Cold start issue is a classic symptom of intakes. The MST should not be the problem unless there is a defect (very unlikely since you would see a hole in it or it would have not fit snug everywhere) or not installed correctly. Confirm its seated all the way onto the turbo inlet piece (host clamp tight), confirm PCV (aka CCV) hose is correctly installed, and confirm intake is tightly clamped into inlet. I have ran the MSTv2 inlet with stock intake, dinan intake, and CTS turbo intake (as i reviewed in my thread on those) and never had a single cold start issue even with no adaptation reset or anything besides swapping the hardware.

You can also do a log and check if your MAF readings are reasonable or the intake is throwing them off.

Finally, you can try resetting adaptations, but if you've already driven ~50+ miles with the new intake on that probably isnt going to make a difference.

I would scan for codes then put the stock intake back on and drive around for a bit, then let the car sit overnight and test cold start the next day with stock intake.
Appreciate 0