10-25-2020, 09:55 PM   #18
DOLO4ly
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRO723 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOLO4ly View Post
you're fine bro everything's working correctly, it only drops down in increments of .25 having 5.7L of oil is more than .75 of the top quart. So that hasn't triggered the dipstick reading. to drop
But for the f30 335i (N55), if the oil capacity is 6.5L from the dealer. Then shouldn't the oil level read in the middle of MIN and MAX? and if it moves in increments of 0.25 then it should be reading a bit low right since I am about .7L short from 6.5?

I am new to BMW's, I dont know to much about how this system works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRO723 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 335iX. The car has roughly around 45k km's. When I go to measure my oil level, the idrive is constantly reading MAX. I do the oil changes myself approx every 6000km. Last oil change I put 6.5L in to start off with as what I found was recommend by the dealer and some videos. Throughout the whole 6000km sequence the oil level constantly read MAX, but when I went to change it, it was at roughly 5.7L. Any sujestions as why it may not be working or what I can do to fix it.

I recently changed the sensor thinking maybe it has gone bad but doesnt seem to be the case because it is still reading MAX even through I am 3000km into this oil change run.

All help is appreciated. I am running out of ideas as to where the problem may be!
It's really finicky the way it updates, but it works for the most part. You have no problems, there also could have been oil elsewhere in the engine, and i assume you probably changed your oil while it was cold. With your oil change interval, unless you had severe leaking to the point that you could see oil coming out of the car you have nothing to worry about.
Appreciate 1