View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 09:16 PM   #39
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I'm glad you had good luck overall. But I 100% believe that BMW's reputation is earned. The engineering, quality of parts used, and degree of stress/durability testing for BMW is inferior to Japanese cars. They know the overwhelming majority of their customers lease and view cars are disposable, so R&D goes into making the car great for its first few years that's it. Now of course the Japanese reliability model comes at it's own price, notably: poor styling, plasticky interiors, poor tech, old powertrains, and overall cars designed by committee for customers without passion for cars.
I disagree. Some of the Japanese and Korean cars are very stylish. Iíve heard nothing but bad things about LKAS on BMWs. ACC is standard on all but the lowest trims on Asian cars. Itís a stand alone option on most BMWs. Most car owners do not have a passion for cars. Most car owners want reliable cars. BMW was slow to add CarPlay and Android auto. Then BMW wanted you to subscribe to CarPlay. Most car owners are happy with their cars. Based on this forum, BMW are not happy with their cars. The first things owners post on here is how they can change their cars.
Germanauto5196.50