View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 01:14 AM   #11
kobluna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i

Sorry to bumb rather old thread but I don't find a need to create a new thread because my problem is similar(-ish) anyway. My car is 320i 2014 (June production).

Did you ever find a reason for your problem? I got similar noise but for me it's audible even if oil is 90C or more. Even the dealer heard the sound but he didn't know any reason for it. He just said that it does not sound bad or dangerous and the car is safe to drive. I heard the sound when I had 90.000km on clock and now I have 123.000 so maybe it is not dangerous, I don't know.

However, yesterday I heard some new noise and it is still there today so it wasn't just some random noise. It is more high pitched than the sound OP (and I) has but it is only audible when the gas is applied. No need to actually accelerate but fuel need to flow i.e. gas pedal must be depressed. The whine disappears the moment I lift off the gas pedal and comes back immediately when I apply the gas again. It is more audible when in sport so RPMs is around 2000-2500.

First I thought it was turbo but now I doubt that because it is making the noise even at very light gas. Could it be that I got some carbon on my vents and that makes a noise? That would explain why the sound disappers when gas is lifted off. I would think that if my chain is defective it would whine even if gas is not applied?

The car was serviced just moment ago 10th of July and at that time I got 121.000km on the clock. It was bigger service so all the filters, spark plugs and oil was changed. Also some inspection was made. Nothing was found during that inspection.
Appreciate 0