gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
This happened to my friend and I as well. Disclaimer though, this was only one dealership.

We went to check out the new C7 Z06 when they came out. We weren't dressed in suits or anything, but he did have a 991.2 C2S while I drove my E92 M3. Not one salesman greeted us at the door. We looked around the showroom for 30 mins, and while a few salesmen poked their heads over the cubicles, not one person came and asked us if we needed help. These are $80k+ cars, not Ford Pintos!

Like I said, I didn't expect them to throw keys at us and have at it. But a "Can I help you with anything" is common courtesy.

On the flip side, I showed up to the Porsche showroom 2 blocks away in my E92 again, wearing a polo and shorts. They asked me which cars (plural) I'd like to test drive. Drove a brand new Boxster S and a 911 C4S with a sticker price of $130k.
Speaking of Porsdhe -- the last Porshe I had they just gave me and the wife keys and said come back when we had a good feel for it. I haven't been to a dealership where someone didn't have to drive with me in many years.