View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
BunkerJ So I powered it up after imaging the firmware again, with my monitor connected to the HDMI port, and it gets stuck on the rainbow screen with lightning bolt icon in the top right corner. Evidently, this indicates that the boot code is too old.

"If you have one of the latest PI 3B+ which won't boot and it keeps stuck on the rainbow screen, while also displaying the under voltage (lightning bolt) icon, and/or the red LED flashing then you are simply are using boot code that is too old. Please download the very latest version of Raspbian, or do an upgrade to it."

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...ic.php?t=58151

I just pulled the trigger on a standard RPi 3 which I should get Saturday. I'll report back when I get it in.
Awesome. I initially thought about a B+, but was worried about that. Good that it's ironed out for sure now. I used Win32Imager with success every time and those using Etcher(iOS) as well. What I meant by iOS earlier was the hotspot, not the PC. As in, the device hosting the hotspot (Usually phone/tablet). The iOS issues pertain to the phone, not the desktop/laptop.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0