01-18-2020, 01:43 AM   #2167
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
That's strange. Things like this best to approach with a volt meter and continuity tester. Sometimes it's wrong cable, other times a dodgy contact. I'm not questioning your skills, all I'm saying is to triple check everything, especially when things are not behaving as expected. Also I would say CAN pins are irrelevant in this case and having them connected or not shouldn't make any difference.
I understand what you are trying to say.

The thing is that i checked the yellow wire on the unit for voltage and has 12v all the time regardless i bridge the cable from CID or not.
That tells me that MCU somehow sees if the ignition is on and powers the unit and if the ignition is turned to off it powers down the unit.
The can cables come from the M-ASK unit so it must understand that from can cables.
M-ASK / CCC units in older E60 before 2004 are connected to MPM ( micro power module ) that provides current all the time.
But not the CANBUS system. That is connected to another module.
The proof of that is that with ignition off when you press the M-ASK /CCC knob sound comes from radio but the screen does not light on as it should or as it does with the OEM screen installed.
So maybe that for the unit does not power on when unlocking doors.
The question is why the unit powers on if it is on bench only with power and ground in pins 9-10 of the main harness .
Confusing !

They should have an option for how long the unit will stay powered on when terminal R is off.
It is not a matter of connection.
Well it is possible to fix it by changing connection but it is not the proper way of doing that.
Appreciate 0