05-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #28
Scotch M3
BMW Virgin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Honda Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision View Post
I am not new to the modified car scene, I have had a few goodies and love snowmobiles but have never dared to dabble into the motorcycle game even though it has intrigued me. I am interested in bikes such as Buell Lightnings, GSX-R, CBR, Triumph 675, R series bikes and of course some Ducatis.

I do not have a permit and quite frankly I am intimidated to even try, I'm not shy with fast cars and manual transmissions but bikes seem to be so complex. I've thought about learning more and using some money to pick one up but being in New England I'm not sure how worth it it really is and if it is indeed so addicting as many riders make it out to be.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am riding motorcycle since last 15+ yrs.

Must sign up for MSF course (Motorcycle Safety foundation) They will teach you how to save your life.

Wear protective gears. No matter how cold or warm it's out. Full gears.

Don't be SQUID, Don't do stunts on streets.

I do speed on regular road but mostly I go with flow. If I get empty road I gun it, you can watch the video I posted.

Go to an empty parking lot and practice your breaking. Very important you learn how to control your breaks. Front 70% and back 30% so you need to get in the habit of using both at the same time but not to lock the front one or you will get a nice stoppie.

Over all start slow build up your confidence and don't scare the cagers. Respect each car on the road and stay clear you will do just fine.
Appreciate 0