View Single Post
      07-28-2017, 06:03 AM   #16
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
F30 xDrive always use base suspension. No msport, no m perf. So yes, xDrive deletes m sport suspension and track handling pack will not change it
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
unfortunately, adding M sport suspension to the xDrive is not a possibility. just add Dinan performance springs - 1 inch lower and tighter overall feel, relatively inexpensive too.
This is not quite accurate, at least on MY18 U.S. cars.

RWD 440s with the M Sport Package include M Suspension. AWD 440s with the M Sport Package do not. However, both RWD and AWD 440s add Adaptive M Suspension with the Track Package, although the AWD cars with the Track Package still sit higher than the RWD cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
2018 4 series features an overall improved suspension across all variants.

Also like your 435 xdrive the 440 xdrive features softer springs than a rwd msport car so getting the m adaptive suspension will be the sportiest variant of the xdrive car. Not quite as tight as rwd but if you want awd it's the the best option.

Not sure if you can wait or not but this clash will be gone in the next gen chassis where, like the new 5, xdrive and rwd will feature the same suspensions.
Correct. But as other posters have said, only by adding the Dinan bits will you get to the suspension feel of the RWD cars. Unfortunately, it comes with a price. I had had a 440 xDrive on order, but after realizing how much it would cost in aftermarket parts to get the level of handling performance we're looking for, I ultimately decided to just go with an M4. I'm not happy about giving up AWD capabilities, but it ended up being a financial decision because on resale, I'd never be able to recoup the costs of all the aftermarket parts.
Appreciate 2
eluded3030.50
otay826.00