07-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator15 View Post
You are having issues with comfort because you are sitting in the wrong position. BMW designs the seat of the car for you to sit with your right foot against the dead pedal. If you ever get a chance to take a driving course at the Performance Center or even pick your car up on PCD, this is the very first thing that they talk about and to them, it is extremely important. You should not be sitting with your foot flat on the floor. The dead pedal is there for a reason. If your father is in his 90s, I assume that you have been driving for some time, so it may be difficult to change this habit. However, it is not BMW's fault that you are sitting yourself in a poor position.

Personally, I find my F30's seats to be extremely comfortable (sport seats). I am scheduled for back surgery in a few weeks because of severe injuries I sustained in a crash of another vehicle, and the only car that I am comfortable in is the F30. As much as it pains me to say, the 18-way Recaro seats in my 911 aren't as comfortable at my 328i. Try driving in the proper seat position and I think you won't have any comfort problems.
I agree the seats are quite comfy. It's just the bad driving position and that left knee. But I don't see me sitting differently either and this is the first 3er (or car really) in which I've had this issue.

There is yet hope for poor ol' me. I was quite a good student in school. Perhaps if I take a PCD class, I'll correct my bad habit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0