02-26-2024, 06:37 PM   #5
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_340 View Post
Honestly i want stronger brake bite/stopping power. I wanted 370mm rotors for the looks which is why i considered a full brake kit for around 3k from BMW

but im thinking if i can manage without the looks of the 370mm and stick to 340mm i can just get m sport rear calipers and get 345mm rotors and keep the fronts the same. On top of that get new 340mm rotors for the front being drilled etc. and upgrade brake pads to ds2500's or something.
What is your budget for upgrading the brakes?

BMW M Performance brake kit is a popular option and will almost certainly provide what you are looking for - if the budget permits. This kit does come with dimpled / slotted rotors. The pros and cons of dimpled rotors is beyond this discussion but it's helpful to mention that dimpled rotors were developed for much heavier vehicles. No measurable benefit in daily driving conditions.

About brake pads: there is at least one community of proponents for each brake pads. However, the laws of physics do not change.

If you prefer an aggressive initial bite, OEM M Sport pads are excellent but produce brake dust which is an indicator that brake pads are being "shaved" while preserving rotor life span.

PS. There are other, more expensive options such as Brembo BBK and AP Racing BBK. These brakes are phenomenal and expensive as a result.
Appreciate 0