johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkanvafaee2 View Post
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a used msport f30 335i. After much searching I found one in the right color/options but noticed it was an xDrive model so no m-sport suspension, just standard.

I would love to hear some thoughts on people's experience/comparison between the two. Is there really that much more body roll? Does the difference in suspension make the steering feel tighter/softer? Is the 10mm height difference really that noticeable? Thanks in advance!
Attached is that photo of the front strut tower brace under my hood. It's the Kies Motorsports brace that I had powder coated at Bonehead Performance for about $60 including tax. If I was doing it again, I would buy the strut brace from Kies Motorsports, but have them ship it directly to Bonehead for powder coating. Then have Bonehead ship it to me. That would only add about a week. Both companies ship things daily so it's no big deal for them.

Bonehead can do any color (see website) but I wanted something that would blend in like stock. Chuck, the owner, took about 20 samples of different black colors out in the parking lot and we compared in sunlight under my hood. He cautioned me against various colors like gloss black that show fingerprints and look dirty most of the time. The chosen color is called "Black Mini-Texture". Guys look under my hood now and think the strut brace is a stock item! The powder coating is beautiful on not just the bar, but the brackets and fasteners too!

Bonehead Performance is a second generation family business that does high quality meticulous work at reasonable prices. I've seen things that they've done on exotic cars, motorcycles, two-tone wheels- just amazing!

Bonehead Performance also does ceramic coating. See attached photo of my downpipe! Also cost about $60 including tax. My downpipe is catted so only the outside is ceramic coated, but they ceramic coat catless downpipes inside and out.

Note: Allow about two weeks for ceramic coating because included in that is about 5 days for curing before it can be exposed to heat. See photo for some ceramic color choices.

https://boneheadperformance.com/

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0