01-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #187
Stubok
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red F30 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailmanOdd
Really struggling removing the door handle trim... I was able to remove the drivers side trim but it took a ton of effort. Also, when I put the CF trim on, it didn't seem to sit as flush with the door as the stock trim. Any tips? Did anyone get installed at dealer? If so, how much did they charge for just the door trim?
I found the door trims to be a real pain in the ass. There is a small square hole underneath at the bottom corner. Inside that there is a metal tab that holds the main bottom plastic stay on the door handle trim in place. There is also another notch about 1/3rd of the way up on the handle underneath. I found that you have to pry open the notch (I used a plastic bike pry tool) and then while depressing the metal tap through the square hole (with a small flat screw driver) lift the bottom section up. You need plenty of light (head torch is very handy) to see If the plastic stay is still caught by the metal tab.

It's tricky to get the metal tab depressed enough to get the plastic stay passed it. On one handle I just couldn't and ended up bending the metal tab up to the point that the plastic stay got passed it. The plastic stay didn't break, so I got away with it.

My door trims are also not as well fitting as the walnut trim was. Before putting on the door trims, run a blunt edge down the door handle rubber/plastic to make sure it is not raised. That seems to help make them match closer and be more flush.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0