View Single Post
      08-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #3
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR View Post
Haha. The irony of this is that I just did this fix myself today. Although I applied felt tape instead Teflon. My car it's barely 2 months old and the issue started 3 days ago and it was disappointing to hear such sound. From the inside of the car it sounded like rattles but it was just muffled squeaks. On my 2014 there is a felt tape already applied on top of the seal on the door. I originally thought that's how bmw fixed the squeaks but apparently not. In my case the felt tape was making the squeak when against the black shadow trim. As with every new car I get the wash the car syndrome so washing the car 2 a week must have dried up the felt. I had someone press on the door from outside while I was inside the car listening and it was the same sound. I used masking tape to outline the end of the door over the black trim and then applied the felt tape and I'm squeaks are gone at least the ones in the back are gone. Ones in a while I will hear a squeak from the front driver door but for now I won't apply any felt tape. I want too see how long the felt tape holds. Btw thanks for the pics I'm sure it will help a lot of other people.
I hope it helps those who are trying to resolve this issue.
My noise was almost like that squeak you hear when walking on old wood flooring.
Mine is also 2014 and i got my car in April this year. So we are pretty close.
Good luck on your squeak!!
Appreciate 0